With everyone social distancing again this Valentine’s Day, we have another opportunity to curl up with a new romance novel instead of going out. Amazon listed the popular Romance Novels that readers turned to in 2020, giving us a list of the Top 20 choices to pass the long winter nights.
Amazon Charts curated the list from data pulled for ebooks and print books from January 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020. You’ll notice that on the list, Netflix’s hit adaptation of “Bridgerton” catapulted the first book in the series to #5 for all of 2020 in the romance category, once again showcasing the power of Netflix. If you loved the show, you have nine books to read in Julia Quinn’s franchise, which should help you get through the winter months and into the spring. The Netflix series, from Shondaland and Creator Chris Van Dusen, was quickly renewed for a second season in January, and follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family, as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market.
You can check out Amazon’s official list below, or find more romance novels and search by subgenre right here on Amazon.
Top 20 Romance Novels on Amazon
- The Giver of Stars, Jojo Moyes
- The Return, Nicholas Sparks
- 28 Summers, Elin Hilderbrand
- The Dare, Lauren Landish
- The Duke and I (Bridgertons Book 1), Julia Quinn
- Outlander, Diana Gabaldon
- The Restaurant, Pamela M. Kelley
- Regretting You, Colleen Hoover
- Temptation (The Hunted Series Book 1), Ivy Smoak
- By A Thread, Lucy Score
- The Hunter (Boston Belles), L.J. Shen
- Devious Lies, Parker S. Huntington
- From Blood and Ash, Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Stopover (The Miles High Club), T L Swan
- Beach Read, Emily Henry
- Dear Ava, Ilsa Madden-Mills
- Red, White & Royal Blue, Casey McQuiston
- Virgin River, Robyn Carr
- Protecting What’s Mine: A Small Town Love Story, Lucy Score
- Where the Lost Wander, Amy Harmon
Slanted sometimes uses affiliate links and may earn a commission if you purchase items through those links.