Warner Bros. Games announced “Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate,” a new expanded version of the hit fighting game “Mortal Kombat 11,” which has sold over 8M units globally. Developed by NetherRealm Studios, “Mortal Kombat 11” includes Kombat Pack 2 featuring new playable fighters Mileena, Rain, and 80s icon Rambo, along with the previously released Mortal Kombat 11 main game, “Kombat Pack 1” and “Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Expansion.”
The new game is slated to release globally on November 17th on PS5 and Xbox One Series X and current consoles, as well as the Nintendo Switch, PC, and Stadia platforms. The developers said that “Mortal Kombat 11” and “Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate” owners and new buyers on PS4 or Xbox One consoles can access free upgrades to the PS5 or Xbox Series X|S versions of their game.
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate includes the following content and enhancements (as described by the publisher).
- Definitive Mortal Kombat 11 Experience – Two critically acclaimed story campaigns taking players on a time-bending adventure that continues the epic Mortal Kombat saga, along with the full roster of 37 playable characters.
- Kombat Pack 2 – Newly added fighters Mileena, the hybrid Edenian and Tarkatan clone of Kitana; Rain, the royal Edenian demigod; and Rambo, the iconic Special Forces soldier featuring the voice and likeness of actor Sylvester Stallone.
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Expansion – Franchise-first story expansion, three playable characters (Fujin, Sheeva, RoboCop) and 10 additional character skins.
- Kombat Pack 1 – Six playable characters (Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, The Joker, Terminator T-800, Spawn) and 25 additional character skins.
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Packed to the brim with multiple features and modes for all players including Story, Custom Character Variation System, Stage Fatalities, Friendships, Online, Towers of Time, Tutorial, Krypt, Kombat League and the signature roster of returning and franchise-first fighters, all equipped with unique Fatalities that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals.
- PS5 Upgrade Available – Delivering 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on PS4 and PS4 Pro can also access a free upgrade to the PS5 version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
- Xbox Series X|S Smart Delivery Enabled – Providing 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on Xbox One consoles can also access a free upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
- Krossplay Support – Allowing PS5, PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One players to fight against other players on opposite platforms in select modes.
“Mortal Kombat 11” Ultimate preorders will be available beginning October 15th, and “Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate” and Kombat Pack 2 preorders will receive the Time Warriors Skin Pack at launch featuring three new character skin variants, including “Dark Web” Noob Saibot, “HCF” (Halt and Catch Fire) Liu Kang and “Blood Moon” Skarlet. The Nintendo Switch version in the Americas will be available digitally only, while the PC and Stadia versions will be available digitally only worldwide – both releasing on Nov. 17.
Subscribe to Daily Updates and never miss a headline.