Disney previews the “Rogue One” events coming to Hollywood Studios
After over a year of waiting, Star Wars Fas will finally get to see “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” in their local theaters this month. The film is set to release nationwide on December 16th, but if you want to extend your celebration of all things Star Wars, you can head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The Star Wars themed announcement was made today at Walt Disney World Resort, and Disney gave a quick preview of the additions that will be coming soon to the park, all inspired by “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
Guests, including fans of the epic space saga, will find new entertainment and very special displays inside “Star Wars Launch Bay” The studio will also offer its first-ever themed tour just for Star Wars, and more attractions and lands will be opening up across all of Disney.
The fun and festivities will start on December 16th, guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to see AWR Troopers from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” when they join the popular daytime stage show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away.”
Outfitted in their specialized Stormtrooper armor with a dark, ominous gleam, these soldiers serve as bodyguards and enforcers for Director Krennic, a highly-placed officer within the Advance Weapons Research (AWR) division of the Empire. A new Troopers sequence will join the show, so prepare for some Trooper excitement. The fan favorite nighttime show, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16 and will join “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park through Dec. 31. The show will continue to be presented in 2017.
Also set to premiere with new content this month is the Star Wars Launch Bay, which is a “multi-sensory space” celebrating all things Star Wars. Disney has updated the space with authentic replicas from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” and fans can also find items from other Star Wars films. Making-of footage from “Rogue One” has also been added to the “Meet the Makers” film featured in Star Wars Launch Bay.
Starting mid-December, randomized tracks will be returning to Star Tours – the Adventures Continue, the popular attraction that uses motion simulator-based technology.
Instead of each ride experience launching from the planet of Jakku, the attraction will be randomized to both start and end at different locations for every galactic journey. New scenes from “Star Wars: Episode VIII” will be added to Star Tours in the coming year.
Disney also briefly introduced a few of the new attractions that will be coming to the park in 2017. An all-new Star Wars guided tour is a seven-hour immersion in all the park’s current Star Wars experiences, and is the first of its kind in Disney history.
Here’s what it includes: (according to Disney)
- A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide
- Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
- An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
- Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
- Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
- A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
- Younglings ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
- Priced at $129 per person, tours begin Jan. 2 and will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations for January tours can be made soon.
This latest flight of additions celebrating the Star Wars saga continues to elevate the Star Wars presence at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Entire Star Wars-themed lands are now under construction at the theme park and at Disneyland Park in California.