As many of you know, this month marks ABC Family’s historic change to “Freeform,” with new branding for all of your favorite series and events. The big change takes place on January 12 and to celebrate the transition, the network is hosting virtual events and social-media interactions all-day long.
There will be a special DNA Project with Twitter; a live stream of events via Periscope; a Vine booth; a BuzzFeed Facebook Live chat and a custom “Pretty Little Liars” Facebook icon; Instagram content and talent takeovers; and a “Pretty Little Liars” Snapchat filter.
The Freeform Social DNA Project with Twitter will take place on January 12 starting at 11:00 a.m. EST. Throughout the day, fans who tweet @FreeformTV using the hashtag #FreeformLaunch will receive a reply tweet that includes a unique piece of 3D digital art based on a sentiment analysis of their Twitter feed. Each piece of art is as similar and unique as a fingerprint or snowflake. Fans will then have the opportunity to enter an instant win sweepstakes to receive one of 5000 prizes – a one-of-a-kind piece of 3D printed wearable art representing their Twitter personality, as shown below.
Fans will be able to participate in the virtual celebration by going to FreeformLaunch.com, or any of the social outlets listed above. On those platforms they will be able to interact with musical artists including deejays Lela B, Bianca Oblivion and Dan Wilcox; drummers P.O.P. Unplugged; visual artists Dancakes (Dan Drake) the pancake artist; muralist Carlos Vera; and talent including Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Ian Harding, Shay Mitchell, Janel Parrish, Sasha Pieterse and Keegan Allen from “Pretty Little Liars; and Katherine McNamara, Dominic Sherwood, Harry Shum Jr., Isaiah Mustafa, Matthew Daddario, Emeraude Toubia, Alberto Rosende, and Maxim Roy from “Shadowhunters” who will be creating moments, art and activities of what it means to be Freeform.
The casts of “Pretty Little Liars” and the much anticipated “Shadowhunters” will live Tweet during their premieres. Twitter will give the casts special tools including the Twitter Mirror, Twitter Challenger and Video Q&A to enhance the experience. The sixth season premiere of “Pretty Little Liars” will air at 8:00 p.m. EST followed by the series premiere of “Shadowhunters” at 9:00 p.m. EST.
A Day-In-The-Life of Freeform Launch Day January 12
- 7:00 a.m. PST Emeraude Toubia takes over @ShadowhuntersTV on Instagram.
- 7:30 a.m. PST Katherine McNamara takes over @ShadowhuntersTV on Instagram.
- 8:00 a.m. PST Freeform Social DNA Project with Twitter begins.
Pancake artist Dancakes and muralist Carlos begin soliciting ideas for pancakes and art throughout the day.
- 10:00 a.m. PST “Shadowhunters” stars Harry Shum Jr. and Matthew Daddario use Twitter Challenger and Vine booth.
- 10:30 a.m. PST “Pretty Little Liars” Keegan Allen Twiiter Video Q&A and Vine Booth.
- 11:00 a.m. PST “Shadowhunters” stars Isaiah Mustafa and Maxim Roy answer questions on Instagram and Facebook.
- 12:00 p.m. PST Performance by POP Unplugged. Buzzfeed Facebook Live chat with “Pretty Little Liars”.
- 1:00 p.m. PST Performance by POP Unplugged.
- 1:30 p.m. PST “Shadowhunters” stars Dominic Sherwood and Alberto Rosende take over @ShadowhuntersTV on Snapchat and use the Twitter Vine booth.
- 2:30 p.m. PST “Shadowhunters” stars Katherine McNamara and Emeraude Toubia host a Twitter Q&A and Vine booth.
- 3:30 p.m. PST Janel Parrish takes over @PLLTVseries on Twitter.
- 4:00 p.m. PST Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Ian Hardin, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse take over @PLLTVSeries for a Twitter video Q&A from Twitter HQ in New York City.
- 5:00 p.m. PST “Pretty Little Liars” cast live Tweets the premiere.
- 6:00 p.m. PST “Shadowhunters” cast live Tweets the premiere.
The day also includes a “Pretty Little Liars” marathon, all leading up to the big premiere.
So obviously shut your windows, grab your devices, and plan on watching hours of your favorite series as we countdown the hours to their big premieres.