Since the launch of “Batman Arkham Knight” earlier this month, PC customers have noticed quite a few hiccups and bugs within the highly-anticipated final installment. A new patch for PC, that was released earlier tonight, hopes to fix many of the issues that have plagued the game and is now available to all.
With an update on Steam released earlier today (Saturday) developer Rocksteady has outlined how the company plans to fix the PC version of the game and what the developers will be working on in the future.
Problems with the game have been noticeable since the launch of the title earlier this month. The issues became so abundant, that Rocksteady had pulled the game from STEAM all together and issued an open letter to fans promising to fix the issues and even offered refunds.
“Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering,” Warner Bros’ Gary Lake-Schaal told customers within the Steam update notes.
“The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.”
As for the patch itself, many of the plans center on NVIDIA and AMD performance with the game. Fans should see an increase in frame-rates and a decrease in glitches and screen-tears while playing the title following the patch.
The company stated, “While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC.”
The first patch address these issues:
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu
Below is a list of “key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans,” according to the notes.
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
more details: steam