Jawbone has announced the new UP3, a multi-sensor activity tracker aimed at giving the user the most accurate and in-depth reports on their health and fitness. The new UP3 features a patented multi-sensor platform, “that collects and analyzes a wide range of biometric signals, delivering actionable insights specific to you,” according to the official statements released by the company. A few of the device’s highlights were released as well including:
- Multi-sensor Platform: The advanced multi-sensor platform includes a new tri-axis accelerometer, sophisticated bioimpedance sensors, and skin and ambient temperature sensors. Using this technology, UP3 delivers resting heart rate – a key indicator of your overall heart health – and will capture more health data through future firmware updates.
- Advanced Sleep: UP3 tracks detailed sleep stages including REM, Light and Deep sleep, providing in-depth information on your sleep and what you can do to improve it.
- Advanced Activity: New smart algorithms allow UP3 to automatically identify workouts and classify your activities, including running, cross-training, tennis, and many more.
- Smart Coach: The band connects with the industry-leading UP App to bring you Smart Coach – an intelligent system that keeps track of your progress and gives you personalized guidance to help you reach your goals faster. The more information UP3 captures about your sleep, activity, meals and other biometric signals, the more Smart Coach can do for you.
- Smart Design: Designed by leading industrial designer, Yves Behar, UP3 features a slim, stylish, and low-profile design that you can accessorize with jewelry or watches on the wrist. With up to seven days of battery life, water resistance up to 10 meters and a durable anodized aluminum framework, UP3 is one of the only trackers available that achieves true 24/7 wearability. A secure, overlapping watch-style clasp allows you to adjust the band to fit almost any wrist size.
“Our mission was to create the world’s most powerful activity tracker in the smallest possible design, and we believe we have done that with the UP3 band” said Travis Bogard, vice president of product management and strategy at Jawbone. “Our advanced, multi-sensor platform delivers a huge amount of new health data, backed by our smart algorithms and our highly personalized Smart Coach system. And because the technology is fully updateable, we’re able to unveil great new features and experiences in the coming months.”
The UP3 will automatically measure your resting heart rate, defined as your heart rate upon waking up, before other influences such as movement, exercise, or caffeine set in. Through the UP App, you can see your resting heart rate change over time and understand what a healthy heart rate means for you. A free, over-the-air firmware update coming soon for UP3 will allow additional health data to be captured.
The device will also record your sleep stages – “REM, Light and Deep sleep – providing new insight into what happens when you’re sleeping. Stick to a consistent bedtime and de-stress before bed to try to get more Deep sleep, associated with body restoration and healing. Sleep longer to try and catch more REM sleep, associated with dreams, learning and memory consolidation.”
“UP MOVE is a fun, easy way to track activity and at just $49.99, it’s a great option for anyone at the beginning of a fitness or weight loss journey,” said Travis Bogard, vice president of product management and strategy at Jawbone. “Incorporating the same best-in-class lifestyle and activity-tracking features of our UP and UP24 bands, the UP MOVE tracker combines style, versatility and comfort with highly accurate tracking and personalized guidance.”
“We spend nearly a third of our lives sleeping, but the vast majority of people have little to no insight into their nightly sleep habits,” said Philippe Kahn, founder and CEO of Fullpower. “UP MOVE is a leap forward in changing what we know about our daily behavior thanks to more than 170 million nights of sleep tracked and analyzed, and years of research and development on the biomechanics of natural human motion. Whether you are sleeping or awake, UP MOVE gives you accurate sleep and activity tracking using patented advanced sensing technology enabling ultra-long battery life.”
Available This Month
UP MOVE by Jawbone includes the pod-style tracking device, a corresponding clip and a replaceable battery, and it comes in a selection of five brilliant tracker and clip color combinations including:
- Black Burst, Onyx Clip
- Blue Burst, Fog Clip
- Grape Rose, Purple Clip
- Ruby Rose, Red Punch Clip
- Slate Rose, Yellow Clip
It will be available for pre-order in select colors on Jawbone.com beginning November 5, and will be available for purchase at Jawbone.com, Amazon, Apple, Best Buy and Target stores later this month. The Grape Rose UP MOVE will be offered exclusively at Best Buy stores and on Jawbone.com.
Available This Year
UP3 by Jawbone will be available later this year for $179.99 at Jawbone.com and at Apple and Best Buy stores nationwide in Black Twist, with additional color options to be introduced next year. The UP by Jawbone App for UP3 will also be available later this year as a free download from the App Store, as will a compatible Android app.