There is a new app on the marketplace from Sony Music Entertainment, the company released the mobile-app to promote new music, allowing customers to save money by taking advantage of popular flash sales while on the go.
Album of the Day is available for iPhone and iPod touch, giving music fans limited-time access to purchase their favorite artists’ albums at discounted prices. Album of the Day surprises music fans daily with a single album offering, giving fans of all types the opportunity to discover great albums missing from their digital music library.
The new Album of the Day App includes the following features:
- Daily Offers: A new album will be released every 24 hours, available for purchase at a discounted price up to 70% off, limited for 24 hours.
- App Content: Users can view artist images, read up on the album and preview clips of the tracks from the album instantly.
- Community: Users can spread the word and share access to offers with friends through their social networks.
- Checkout: Users can purchase albums using their iTunes account and download albums directly to their iTunes library.
- First Access: Users receive a daily push notification with a new offer giving them first access to those offers.
- Variety: Albums are culled from a large and iconic library of music featuring different genres across all different eras.
“We appreciate that music fans today consume their music in a myriad of ways,” says Adam Block, President of Sony Music’s Legacy Recordings. “Sony Music remains committed to making the consumer experience as easy and enjoyable as possible for them wherever and whenever they choose. The Album of the Day App offers a great new deal on a featured album every day by top artists, giving fans the opportunity to download their favorite music directly from the app.”
The Album of the Day App launch line up includes music legends and artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, Santana, Dixie Chicks, Audioslave, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Kings of Leon, P!nk, Bob Dylan, Lauryn Hill, The Script, Usher, Meat Loaf, Rodriguez, Sade, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys and more.
more info: Album of the day – Sony Music Entertainment Germany GmbH