Sony Online Entertainment has outlined the next expansion in the ever-growing universe of DC Universe Online ( or DCUO), this installment called Halls of Power Part I. This marks the 11th DLC pack and will be featuring New Gods of Apokolips and New Genesis, players will join the search for powerful ancient relics of a bygone age. Halls of Power Part I will bring players new Raids, Alerts and Operations, and — for the first time — League Halls, which will launch prior to the DLC as a free update to all players.
The DLC pack will be available for download on the PC, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 systems this summer. In the DLC Darkseid’s son, Kalibak, and the villainous Mantis have called upon the agents of Darkseid to delve beneath the surfaces of New Genesis and Apokolips to help them retrieve powerful ancient relics for a dark purpose. The heroic Mister Miracle and fierce Big Barda have assembled a force together in an effort to stop them.
- For the first time in DCUO, players will be able to play with or against the iconic villains and heroes from the Fourth World, including Kalibak, Mantis, Mister Miracle and Big Barda.
- Halls of Power Part I will feature five all-new cooperative multiplayer adventures: two 8-player Raids, one 8-player Operation, one 4-player Alert and one 4-player Operation.
- Apokolips, New Genesis and Player League Halls will serve as the main backdrops to the Halls of Power Part I content.
- League Halls will be available to all players as a free game update prior to the release of Halls of Power Part I.
- Six new Skill Points will be available to earn, and players will have access to a range of new Collections, Feats, gear, and Base items in Halls of Power Part I.
“We know our players experience a tremendous sense of camaraderie when they take on adventures together, so we wanted to pack a variety of challenging group content into this DLC that we know they will enjoy. We’re also expanding the DCUO storyline, introducing players to characters from both New Genesis and Apokolips, and we think heroes and villains alike will be very pleased with how the Halls of Power trilogy evolves” explains Jens Andersen, the Senior Creative Director of DC Universe Online.