Wii U system update offers Quick Start menu and new options for Gamepad
Wii U owners will have the chance to download a new system update for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, the update promises to introduce new changes that, “enhance the user experience,” according to Nintendo. The most notable change is the addition of a Quick Start Menu for the Wii U GamePad controller. After the update has been downloaded, users starting Wii U with the GamePad controller can view the Quick Start Menu, which displays the icons of the 10 most-used games and applications as the system starts up. Users can then select the game or software they want to launch and it will load simultaneously during the Wii U start-up sequence.
Some additional changes include:
- An improved user setting and selection experience.
- System updates can now be downloaded and installed when the Wii U console is in standby mode.
- Full-screen alerts and notifications can be displayed on the GamePad controller, even if the system is in standby mode. These notifications will tell Wii U owners about new updates, game releases and promotions from Nintendo. Users can adjust how they receive these notifications.
- Easier Nintendo Network ID setup for new users.
- Notifications can now be accessed from the Home Menu as well as the Wii U Menu.
Other features and details on the system update, can be found on Nintendo’s official site nintendo.com/wiiu/system-update. The update will rollout to all regions throughout the day.