Disney unveiled whole new series of “wickedly captivating” products based on the highly-anticipated Walt Disney Studios live action film “Maleficent,” in theatres May 30. From MAC Cosmetics, to Stella McCartney and Crow’s Nest, to HSN and JAKKS Pacific there is a giant new product collection inspired by the storytelling and themes in the film starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning. The collection consists of designer shoes, couture fashions, apparel, accessories, toys and a deluxe Disney Store costume collection.
“The ‘Maleficent’ product collection embodies both light and dark color palettes of the film’s iconic characters and settings,” said Jonathan Symington, vice president and general manager of licensing for Disney Entertainment and Games at Disney Consumer Products. “From high-end fashions to beautiful dolls and role play, we have produced an enchanting collection to thrill fans of all ages.”
“Maleficent” explores the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the classic “Sleeping Beauty” and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king’s newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.
The film stars Angelina Jolie as Maleficent, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville.
“Maleficent” is produced by Joe Roth and directed by Robert Stromberg, with Angelina Jolie, Michael Vieira, Don Hahn, Palak Patel, Matt Smith and Sarah Bradshaw serving as executive producers. Linda Woolverton wrote the screenplay. “Maleficent” opens in US theaters on Friday, May 30, 2014,
The Maleficent collection is now available globally at select boutiques, national and high-end retailers, as well as select Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com.
Maleficent Product Collection
Maleficent Fashions and Shoes:
- Stella McCartney Kids: This magical collection of eight styles includes dresses, T-shirts and shoes for kids ages four to 14. Available globally at Stella McCartney stores, StellaMcCartney.com and DisneyStore.com. (Price: $75 – $185 USD)
- Crow’s Nest: Featuring thorns, horns, dragons, feathers and fire, this seven-piece jewelry collection includes statement rings, an ear cuff and bracelets which evoke the danger and mystery behind Maleficent. Available globally at specialty stores. (Price: $5,180 – $20,880 USD)
- David Lerner: Maleficent fans will love the dark pieces from David Lerner including a black dress with sheer shoulders and form-fitting side-zip leggings. Available nationally at DavidLerner.com and high-end department stores. (Price: $100 – $300 USD)
- MAC: Inspired by Maleficent’s evil elegance, the MAC collection will cast a spell of absolute adoration with wickedly gorgeous shades for eyes, face, lips and nails. Available nationally at select MAC stores and Macy’s. (Price: $16.50 – $44.00 USD)
- HSN: The collection, which includes apparel pieces from Naeem Khan and jewelry from Heidi Daus, is available on HSN.com. On May 27, HSN will begin promoting the Maleficent collection with a 24-hour programming event featuring a collection of clothes, jewelry and home accessories in the spirit of the villainous sorceress followed by Countdown to Maleficent specials. (Price: $80 – $300 USD)
- Hot Topic: The Maleficent fashion collection includes seven pieces that are black and feature special details including faux leather accents, lace trim, skull hardware and a Maleficent charm. The collection also includes two Aurora-inspired pieces. Available nationally at Hot Topic. (Price: $29.50 – $54.50 USD)
- Maleficent and Aurora Collector Fashion Dolls by JAKKS Pacific: Bring home the magic of Disney’s “Maleficent” with gorgeous 11.5 inch collector fashion dolls. Available globally at mass retailers. (Price: $39.99 USD)
- Maleficent’s Glow Horns by JAKKS Pacific: Inspired by Maleficent’s iconic horns from the film, Maleficent’s Glow Horns are the perfect item to make your Maleficent look complete. Available globally at mass retailers. (Price: $9.99 USD)
- Maleficent & Aurora POP! Figures: Aurora looks angelic with her gold crown and Maleficent is looking particularly menacing! Together they make the perfect pair! Available globally at mass retailers. (Price: $12.99 each)
Maleficent Collection at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com:
- Aurora Deluxe Costume Collection: Inspired by the original costume worn by Aurora in Disney’s live action film, “Maleficent,” Disney Store’s deluxe costume is adorned with intricate embellishments, including lace detailing and floral accents. Matching shoes and tiara sold separately. (Price: $14.95 – $79.95 USD)
- Disney’s Maleficent Film Collection Dolls: Experience a world of wonder with Disney Store’s film collection dolls, designed with exquisite authenticity to depict the magnificent Maleficent and timeless Aurora from Disney’s live action film “Maleficent.” (Price: $34.95 each USD)
Disney Publishing Worldwide Books:
- MALEFICENT: A deluxe novelization of the new live action film, “Maleficent,” from Walt Disney Studios. Available wherever books are sold. (ISBN: 978-1-4231-8543-7; Price: $16.99 USD)
- ONCE UPON A DREAM: From Perrault’s Sleeping Beauty to Disney’s Maleficent: A complete illustrated history of Sleeping Beauty, from the Grimm fairy tale, to the Disney animated film, to the live action film “Maleficent.” Available wherever books are sold. (ISBN: 978-1-4231-9902-1; Price: $40.00 USD)
- THE CURSE OF MALEFICENT: The Tale of Sleeping Beauty: An illustrated middle grade novel based on Aurora’s story in the upcoming Walt Disney Studios live action film, “Maleficent.” Available wherever books are sold. (ISBN: 978-1-4231-9751-5; Price: $9.99 USD)