Ahead of Game of Thrones Season Four premiere, Ascent launches on iPad
The premiere of HBO’s ”Game of Thrones’ is only a week away and if you need something to pass the time away until then Disruptor Beam is bringing its popular title ‘Game of Thrones Ascent’ to iPad.
First released online via Facebook, Kongregate and DisruptorBeam.com in 2013, iPad users can now enjoy the first ever social game based on the award-winning HBO show and literary works of George R.R. Martin. Players can lead the life of a noble of Westeros, playing with (or against) each other while swindling with the swipe of a finger in a persistent, authentic world.
With Game of Thrones Ascent, fans can immerse themselves beyond the books and show and actually live the life of a noble during a time of upheaval within Westeros. Taking part in thousands of story-driven quests, players delve deeply into the lore and develop their own lands and reputation among the Great Houses. Players explore an expansive world filled with deep political and social play involving diplomatic agreements, pacts, marriages, and betrothals. Through Alliance challenges, players work with hundreds of others to accomplish great tasks and rise to the top of the Power Rankings.
Game of Thrones Ascent for iPad takes full advantage of iPad device features, including enhanced art and optimized imagery for Retina displays, as well as “Game Center” leaderboards, and iOS 7 compatibility and support. A newly designed user interface and improved user flow now provides fans with a mobile optimized Game of Thrones social gaming experience.
“We recognize that tablets are actually where so many Game of Thrones fans are either reading the books or watching the TV show,” said Jon Radoff, CEO and Founder of Disruptor Beam. “So, it makes perfect sense that we bring this great game, which 2 million players have already enjoyed online, to the iPad, giving Game of Thrones fans even more of a chance to immerse themselves in Westeros.”
Since the game’s initial online launch in spring 2013, Disruptor Beam has added numerous content updates and improvements to the game, all while the series’ storyline progresses. These updates will continue leading into the debut of Season 4 of the show on April 6th, 2014 in the U.S. both online and in the iPad version. Game of Thrones Ascent will also continue to be rolled out on additional mobile platforms, including Android, in the near future.
Game of Thrones Ascent is a social game that unites both story and strategy allowing players to lead the life of a noble in the world of Westeros. It was recently honored by Facebook as a “Staff Favorite” in their 2013 Games of the Year roundup. In Game of Thrones Ascent, players claim their birthright by choosing which of the Great Houses they’ll swear allegiance to, selecting their lineage, securing their holdings, developing their lands and reputation, and assigning sworn swords to quests — while forging alliances with new friends and much more. Game of Thrones Ascent allows players the opportunity to make various moral decisions that not only impact other players, but the storyline as well. Key features include:
- ·Become the most powerful noble in Westeros! Choose your path to success through battle, intrigue or trade. Watch your Power rank increase as you take actions in game.
- Become a bannerman to one of the Great Houses! Choose your loyalties among Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Targaryen or Tyrell.
- Rule your own noble house! Upgrade your holdings over time. Build your keep, your lands and your forces.
- Customize your character. Select your lineage and alignment. Create your own family banner.
- Build and acquire resources. Send your Sworn Swords on quests and adventures, involving your house in familiar events across Westeros while gaining wealth and Power.
- Work with (and sometimes against) your friends. Take part in interactive player-vs-player action, overcoming major challenges and adversaries.
- Play alongside the TV series! With each new TV episode of Game of Thrones, new quests, in-game items and more are added to the game, allowing you to live out the storyline in-game.
- Form in-game alliances with fellow fans! Create your own community within the game to discuss the TV series, game and more. Take part in Alliance vs. Alliance battles and wars with your friends.
more info: itunes