Disney details Star Wars Episode VII, Shooting in May with three new leads
With Disney’s D23 convention kicking off there has been an avalanche of headlines and hot-topics escaping into the news. One of the biggest projects that Disney and Lucasfilm have on their place is “Star Wars: Episode VII,” which the studio has confirmed will begin filming in May.
Most of the principal photography will be shot in London at Pinewood Studios, and leading the project is famed-director J.J. Abrams. Fans have a wait ahead of them however, the film won’t be coming out until December 18, 2015.
We also have learned that the new story will take place 30 years after the events that transpired in the 1983 “Return of the Jedi” installment. Which puts the actors from the original film at the appropriate ages to stage their reprisals.
In casting news the only reports that have surface is that Adam Driver (HBO GIRLS) is currently in negotiations to play a villain in the series. Another name that keeps popping up for a role is newly discovered actor Lupita Nyong (12 Years a Slave).
“There will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads,” said Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger during Disney’s annual shareholder’s meeting in Portland, Oregon earlier today.
“Rumor has it that almost every actor in the world has been cast in this movie, but so far, the official cast member that we’ve confirmed is R2D2,” said Iger to investors.