Fans of the Diablo series can mark March 25 on the calendars, that is when “the crusade against death itself begins when Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.” The new expansion is set to hit both Windows and Mac around the world.
In Reaper of Souls, the five original heroes from Diablo III—Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard—are joined by a new champion: the Crusader. Clad head to toe in battle-scarred armor, the Crusader is an unstoppable force of righteous destruction who channels the power of divine wrath to visit retribution upon his demonic quarry.
Players will embark on a dark and perilous journey across a challenging new act, venturing through terrifying landscapes; visiting the legendary city of Westmarch; and slaying countless minions, each hell-bent on bringing their quest to a grisly end. The adventure culminates in a climactic confrontation with Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, an otherworldly entity of unfathomable power whose twisted designs spell ruin for the innocent people of Sanctuary.
“With Reaper of Souls, we’re taking Diablo III back to its darker, deadlier roots and also giving players a new way to experience the game,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to adding a new character class, a new act, and tons of fully randomized new content, we’re opening up the world so players are free to explore the game as they see fit, whether it’s following along with the story line or charting their own course across Sanctuary.”
Prior to the launch of Reaper of Souls, a free update to Diablo III on Windows and Mac will bring a host of new game features, including a major revamp of the game’s loot system; an expanded Paragon progression system for max-level characters; and expanded social tools in the form of Clans and Communities. When Reaper of Souls is released on March 25, it will introduce an array of game-changing features and highly replayable content for Diablo III players who purchase the expansion, including:
- + Act V: A dark and terrifying chapter sending players on a final confrontation with death itself
- + The Crusader: A new playable hero—a veritable war machine made human
- + Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- + Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- + Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- + Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replay ability and heaps of loot
- + The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
- _ All of this new content comes with the Reaper of Souls Standard Edition (available in physical and digital versions), which players can pre purchase at a suggested retail price of $39.99.
Players also have the option to upgrade their prepurchase to the Digital Deluxe Edition (SRP $59.99), which contains a wealth of in-game bonuses:
- + Exclusive helm- and weapon-transmogrification recipes for players to distinguish their characters among the champions of Sanctuary
- + A Spectral Hound minion players can summon to keep their adventurers company on their epic journey
- + Three additional character slots to accommodate new heroes
- + A World of Warcraft in-game companion pet, the Treasure Goblin, ready to compete in Pet Battles
- + A set of StarCraft II Crusader-themed Battle.net portraits and Malthael-themed decals
The Reaper of Souls retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition comes fully-equipped with all of the bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition and also includes a gorgeous full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, and a mouse pad bearing the impenetrable visage of Malthael, the Angel of Death. The Collector’s Edition is available at select retailers for a suggested retail price of $79.99. Players should check their local retailer for details and availability and be sure to lock in their preorder, as supplies are limited and expected to sell out quickly.
In addition to the English version, Reaper of Souls is available fully localized into Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Russian, Korean, and traditional Chinese.
more info: battle.net