GTA V adds Online Beach Bum Update
Rockstar Games has debuted the Beach Bum update, gamers can pick up the new content which is now available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to Rockstar, “In order to keep GTA Online flexible and constantly evolving, the game is built to receive new content in a variety of ways including major paid expansions at specific points across the year, dropping additional content via regular title updates, and even the instant and seamless addition of jobs via the Rockstar Social Club.”
The Beach Bum content comes via a free update to GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V’s Story Mode as part of the latest automatic Title Update (1.06). Alongside additional game tuning (see details below), the Beach Bum update includes:
NEW VEHICLES, WEAPONS & MORE
Take on new Beach Bum Races with the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck or the Bravado Paradise beach camper van. For aquatic-based endeavors, the classic Speeder speedboat is also now available. All four vehicles can also be accessed in Story Mode and are available at no in-game cost. To access them in GTA Online, just visit the southernsanandreassuperautos.com in-game website (or docktease.com for the Speeder).
Also available in both Story Mode and Online (and at no additional in-game cost) are the new SNS Pistol & Broken Bottle – a pair of close range weapons perfect for any beach blanket brouhaha.
This update also features a wide array of new apparel – everything from casual canvas hats to tank tops, t-shirts, board shorts and bikinis in a wide range of styles and colors… plus new hairstyle and tattoo customization options.
30 NEW JOBS COMING TO THE WORLD OF LOS SANTOS & BLAINE COUNTY
In conjunction with today’s Beach Bum update, we’re also adding 30 new Jobs to GTA Online today. This includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings and Gang Attacks, plus the beachfront “Survival on Del Perro Pier” and more.
TITLE UPDATE 1.06
Along with the new Beach Bum update content, automatic Title Update 1.06 also includes a host of fixes and adjustments for Grand Theft Auto Online, which are listed here:
- + Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- + Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- + Fixed an issue where the mission ‘Damaged Goods’ would start even though it had previously been completed.
- + Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn’t claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- + Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- + Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- + Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- + Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- + Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- + Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- + Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- + Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
DYNAMIC TUNING TO GTA ONLINE
In tandem with today’s Title Update, we’ve also completed a new round of dynamic tuning on the game. This includes changes to the Bad Sport system and continued balancing of rewards for all different types Jobs. Notable adjustments are listed below:
- + The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- + Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- + The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- + Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- + Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
- + In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- + Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the ‘Down the Drain’ Race.
- + Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
- + The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have – at a cost of $200 per star.
- + Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- + The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- + To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.