Walmart attempts the earliest holiday sale ever, starting November 1
It may be hard to imagine, but there is only one-month before Black Friday and Cyber Monday. To kickoff the holiday season, Walmart is helping customers get ahead of their holiday shopping with an early cyber event featuring incredible online savings on select items typically reserved for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
It is also offering its broadest free shipping program ever to help customers save even more this holiday season. Online customers can access rollbacks beginning shortly after midnight Pacific Daylight Time on brand-name electronics and home goods while quantities last. In addition, more than 300 early-bird specials will be available at exclusive prices on Walmart.com. Customers can be the first to learn about Walmart’s holiday deals through the season by signing up for the retailer’s emails, liking Walmart on Facebook or downloading the mobile app.
“We know that our customers start shopping for the holidays on Nov. 1 because historically our traffic spikes the day after Halloween,” said Joel Anderson, president and CEO of Walmart.com. “Customers want to relax with friends and family during the holidays, and with our early deals we are helping them make the most of their time and helping them stretch their dollars further.”
Cyber Event for Early-bird Shoppers
Walmart.com shoppers can check big-ticket items off their list now, such as a JVC 42-inch LED TV for $299 (36 percent savings*) and a 10-inch XELIO tablet for $49 (51 percent savings) – Walmart.com’s lowest-ever prices on a 10-inch tablet and a 42-inch TV.
- +Additional Walmart.com savings typically reserved for later in the season include the following items while quantities last:
- + Crayola 3-in-1 Double Easel, pink and red for $25 (originally $39.99) – 36 percent savings
- + HP Pavilion Red 14″ Sleekbook Core i3 for $299 (originally $488) – 33 percent savings, the lowest price Walmart has ever offered on a major laptop with an Intel Core i3 processor
- v Lifetime 44: Portable Basketball Goal + Ball for $89 (originally $129) – 31 percent savings
- + Nintendo Dsi XL for $89 (originally $99) – 10 percent savings
- + SodaStream Fizz Home Soda Maker Starter Kit for $59 (originally $79) – 25 percent savings
- + Customers who shop today can also access more than 300 early-bird specials from top brands, including:
- + Vizio 29-inch 720p 60Hz Class Edge LED HDTV (1.97-inch ultra-slim) for $198
- + Apple iPad mini (16GB, 32GB or 64GB models) starting at $299
- + Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation (Choose Your Color in 32GB or 64GB) with Bonus Accessory Kit starting at $289
- + Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Bagless Vacuum for $299
- + Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor in Red for $45.98
- + Disney First Act Disney Acoustic Guitar or Keyboard Bundle for $32
More Convenient Ways to Save and Shop
Walmart also offers customers flexible shipping options, including free shipping for orders over $50 on nearly 99 percent of Walmart.com items, and more than half of Marketplace items. Walmart has also tripled the number to 70,000 items that customers can order online and pick up in-store the same day.
more info: walmart