Samsung has introduced the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids, a tablet designed for kids and parents alike. Featuring dual operating modes, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids lets parents easily switch between Kids mode and Standard mode. In Standard mode, parents can enjoy a traditional Android tablet experience and many of the benefits of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch.
The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids comes equipped with parental controls, educational and entertainment apps, and unique content just for kids in a fun, interactive and secure family tablet. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids will be available for pre-order beginning Nov. 1, launching in stores Nov. 10 for $229.99, and comes with a protective bumper case.
“Today’s kids are incredibly tech-savvy and regularly use technology at home, at school and on-the-go,” said Nanda Ramachandran, vice president of emerging business, Samsung Mobile. “Studies* show that 70 percent of tablet owners share their tablets with their children. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is engaging, encourages learning and fosters creativity in a safe environment that parents can easily manage.”
The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids features a bright, colorful display and an intuitive Kids mode that children can easily navigate. The new 7-inch Wi-Fi tablet’s content-rich features create a dynamic, interactive and fun experience for kids while keeping them safe and secure.
“Samsung is committed to offering products that fit the needs of all consumers and the addition of the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids offers a safe introduction to mobile technology,” said Travis Merrill, vice president of tablet marketing, Samsung Electronics America. “The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids provides a tablet experience that can grow and adapt with the whole family.”
The tablet is packed with free pre-loaded content and entertainment specifically for kids, including game applications. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids lets users browse apps in the Samsung Apps store, with an added level of protection through the Applications Manager. The Applications Manager allows parents to review and manage the apps their kids can access, giving full control over what apps are purchased and explored. Kids can also discover and request new content by creating a wish list within the new Kids Store. Parents can then review and purchase the apps they think are appropriate for their child.
Pre-loaded content and features include:
- Special Kid’s Interface: Easily access kid-specific content through the easy to navigate user interface, including kid-friendly apps and games.
- Kid-Friendly Games: Toca Train, Wipeout, Fruit Ninja, Disney’s Toy Story: Smash It! and Where’s My Perry? and more.
- Educational Apps: Learn ABCs and 123s with educational apps including I Learn With Ocean, Dolphin Reader, Inventions 2 and Kids Planet Discovery
- Built-In Camera: Capture moments or create movies with the 3-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. In Kids mode, the camera features fun and interactive settings that let kids add stickers or costumes to photos.
- Parental Controls: Manage a child’s tablet experience, including what content kids can access, as well as when and how long they use the tablet at one time. In addition, you can control the transition between Standard mode and Kids mode with PIN-based access.
- Built-For-Kids Case: Protect the lightweight, portable tablet from bumps and bruises with the colorful, easy-to-hold case available in orange.
The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids comes with access to additional content and services through Galaxy Perks, including a $10 credit for the purchase of applications, books, movies and music in Google Play; free 12-months of Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi access; 3-Month Hulu Plus Membership for new users; two years of up to 50GB of DropBox storage; and more.
The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids will be available for pre-order beginning Nov. 1 and in stores Nov. 10 for $229.99 at Samsung.com, Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, Office Depot, Sam’s Club, Tiger Direct and Toys “R” Us. In addition, a Galaxy Tab 3 Kids hard case bundle will be offered starting at $249.99.