Bose has unveiled the new SoundTouch Wi-Fi music systems, offering a new way for their customers to experience their music at home. The new SoundTouch systems let you stream music wirelessly in any room with renowned Bose audio quality and ease-of-use.
“SoundTouch Wi-Fi systems are unlike any home sound system available today,” said Phil Hess, vice president of Bose Home Entertainment. “They let you stream your favorite stations, playlists or artists in the easiest way imaginable, and they sound amazing. We believe SoundTouch systems will change music at home the way Bluetooth speakers changed music on-the-go.”
SoundTouch Wi-Fi Systems: Performance for Any Room (as detailed by Bose)
There’s a SoundTouch™ system for any room, and they all communicate wirelessly. Each connects directly to the Internet using your existing home Wi-Fi network; if you have Wi-Fi at home and a computer, you have all you need to stream your stored music, Internet radio or music services. Every SoundTouch™system is designed to automatically receive software updates to add functionality and content. SoundTouch systems will first offer Pandora, and add the world’s most popular music services regularly, like Deezer, iHeartRadio and others.
- + Three one-piece systems debut today, each engineered to deliver the best audio performance available from speakers of their size:
- + The SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi system measures approximately 10″H x 17″W x 7 “D. It features exclusive waveguide technology and a new proprietary woofer to deliver deep, rich sound and the power to serve as a home’s main music system.
- + The SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi system is more compact at about 7″H X 12″W and 4″D. It offers natural, room-filling sound and can be placed almost anywhere.
- + The SoundTouch Portable Wi-Fi system combines full-range audio and a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery in a speaker no bigger than the average book — about 6″H x 10″W and less than 3″D. Take it with you in and around the home, and the music keeps playing.
- + The SoundTouch line will expand to offer a vast selection of products. Later this year, the legendary Wave music system will be offered in a SoundTouch version for the bedroom or kitchen. Early next year, other products join the family: the SoundTouch™ Stereo JC Wi-Fi music system will transform a living room with two tiny Jewel Cube speakers and an Acoustimass module for deep low notes and clear vocals, weather-resistant Bose® outdoor speakers will bring streaming music to the patio or deck, and Lifestyle home theater systems and the VideoWave® entertainment system will be SoundTouch™ enabled for media rooms.
Users can start with any SoundTouch system and add others for a multi-room experience: play the same music in every room, or different music in different rooms, indoors or out.
SoundTouch™ Wi-Fi® Systems: Effortless and Powerful
SoundTouch Wi-Fi systems offer streaming music at the touch of a button, or an app for advanced functionality. They feature six presets on the system itself or the system’s included remote, and each can be personalized to an Internet radio station, music service channel, or stored playlist. Set a preset, and it only takes one press — one second — to your favorite songs. It’s as easy and effortless as flicking a light switch.
The Bose SoundTouch app then lets you use your smartphone, tablet or computer for powerful capability and control: browse and discover content, operate any system in any room wirelessly, and combine all music services and stations with one look and feel. The new SoundTouch app is compatible with most Android, iOS, Mac OS and Windows systems.
Bose will also offer the SoundTouch controller, an accessory premium controller that works with any SoundTouch system. It features a circular design, volume dial and proximity sensor. All essential functions and information are integrated, including an OLED preset preview. The SoundTouch™ controller can be placed on a table, or on the wall using an included bracket.
For added flexibility, SoundTouch music systems are also AirPlay enabled, so owners can stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
“With SoundTouch systems, Bose has made Wi-Fi music easier and better — for any need, any room and anyone,” said Hess. “They offer performance only available from Bose, and continue our nearly 50-year history of innovation.”
Pricing and Availability
The SoundTouch 30 system will be sold for $699 (U.S.); the SoundTouch™ 20 system will be sold for $399 (U.S.); and the SoundTouch™ Portable system will be sold for $399 (U.S.). Each will be available beginning October 10, 2013, in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific through Bose retail stores, Bose.com, authorized Bose dealers and toll-free at 800-444-BOSE (2673). The Wave® SoundTouch™ music system will be available beginning in December, 2013 for $599 (U.S.). The SoundTouch™ Stereo JC system ($1,199 U.S.), SoundTouch™ controller ($99 U.S.), SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier ($499 U.S.) for select Bose products including outdoor speakers, and SoundTouch™ wireless adapter for Lifestyle® systems and VideoWave® entertainment systems will be available in early 2014. Pandora is integrated in countries where Pandora® is offered. Additional information can be found at Bose.com.