PS3 users will be able to download the new firmware update 4.50 this afternoon, the update brings a few features that all PS3 users should be happy about. The next system software update for PlayStation 3 (version 4.50) is available via download. Sony made it easier for all users to download system updates and Sony Entertainment Network online store purchases.
Update Features for the PS3 version 4.50:
- Auto download of system software updates has been expanded to support all PSN users.
- Auto download support of purchases made on the Sony Entertainment Network online store will be made available to all PSN users.
- New options for trophy privacy settings allow users to set which trophies are visible.
- Data can now be transferred from PS3 to PS Vita using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection.
- With the auto download features for system updates and SEN online store purchases, you can set a two hour time interval for your PS3 to turn on from standby mode and check for updates as well as content to be automatically downloaded. Any purchases made in the SEN online store before your designated time will automatically start downloading during that interval. For example, if your Automatic Update time is set for 10AM-12PM, and you purchase a game while you’re away from your PS3 via the SEN online store (at work or school via PC or maybe on your daily commute via iOS or Android) at 9:30AM, the content you purchased will start downloading while you’re away. This adds convenience and will help you get into your games quicker, so you can start playing when you return home. You can find the new settings on the XMB under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update].