Join the beta for Valve’s SteamOS and get a prototype Steambox
Earlier today Valve unveiled it’s second major announcement that it has planned for the week, this one announcing hardware prototypes for the upcoming Steambox running on SteamOS. The company announced that it will be shipping 300 beta-units to players, running on the SteamOS.
Obviously millions of players will be interested in applying but that shouldn’t stop you from entering in your name for a chance at history. If you would like to join the beta testing, then you will have to fill out the “Eligibility Quest” on Steam. These are requirements from Valve:
- Join the Steam Universe community group n the Steam website.
- You will have to sign and agree to the Steam Hardware Beta Terms and Conditions
- You will need at least 10 Steam friends
- Then you will create a public Steam Community profile , if you do not have one.
- Then you will play a game using a gamepad in Big Picture mode
Entries will stop on October 25th, so get the requirement done and fill in that request.
Valve states, “Last year, we shipped a software feature called Big Picture, a user-interface tailored for televisions and gamepads. This year we’ve been working on even more ways to connect the dots for customers who want Steam in the living-room. Soon, we’ll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of Steam.”
more info: valve