Amazon cuts price of new Kindle Fire HD model to just $139, the tablet to beat
A brand new new slimmer and lighter Kindle Fire HD is available from Amazon, offering a high-performance processor, dual speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio, and Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito” and an HD display at an incredibly low price.
Kindle Fire HD comes with access to the exclusive benefits of the Amazon ecosystem—Prime Instant Video, Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, Kindle MatchBook, AutoRip, and the world’s leading digital catalog with over 27 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks, and magazines
The new $139 Kindle Fire HD. Kindle Fire HD is available for pre-order starting today (link below). “Two years ago, we revolutionized the tablet industry with the breakthrough $199 price point for tablets—now we’re doing it again with the $139 price point,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “$139 now gets you a 1280×800 216 ppi HD display, a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, Fire OS 3.0, dual speakers with Dolby audio, vast selection and Amazon-exclusive features like Prime Instant Video downloads, Second Screen, Kindle FreeTime, X-Ray and more.”
Here’s what you get for $139: (As Detailed by Amazon)
- + High-definition display with 1280×800 resolution and 216 pixels per inch, making movies, TV shows, books and games vivid and detailed. 66% more pixels than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
- + Powerful, dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 60% faster than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
- + Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio.
- + All-new slim design that matches the look and feel of the new Kindle Fire HDX.
- + Fast streaming, downloads, and web browsing with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi.
- + Powered by the latest version of Fire OS—Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”—with hundreds of new and upgraded features, platform updates, and Amazon-exclusive services.
- + Kindle FreeTime extends parental controls to give parents a simple, engaging way to manage the way kids use Kindle Fire—parents select content and set time limits by content type.
- + Exclusive new features such as X-Ray for Music, Prime Instant Video downloads, Second Screen, expanded X-Ray for Movies and TV, and more.
- + Stay connected and productive with all-new email, calendar, and Silk web browser.
- + World’s best content ecosystem—over 27 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks, and magazines.
- + The new Origami covers feature an innovative design that allows you to stand Fire HD in both portrait and landscape.
In addition to the new Kindle Fire HD, Amazon also today introduced the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets, you can learn all about the new tablet below, or by reading our announcement here. The new Kindle Fire HD is available for pre-order starting today and will begin shipping October 2. To view the Kindle Fire HD on Amazon’s official site, hit the jump .
more info: amazon/kindlefirehd