NIS America has confirmed with us that Nippon Ichi Software’s action RPG ‘The Witch and the Hundred Knight’ will release on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system in early 2014. For the die-hard fans, “The title for the game has been updated from the original announced version in order to better fit with the events of the story.”
As for the story, NIS states, “Fed up with being unable to travel beyond the borders of her swamp, the witch Metallia forges a contract with the legendary Hundred Knight to help her realize her ambition of spreading her swamp throughout all of Medea. As the Hundred Knight, your mission is to do whatever your master, the Swamp Witch, commands. Explore the world, destroy Pillars built to prevent her swamp from spreading, and wreak indiscriminate havoc. However, in the back of your inhuman mind, you begin to wonder… What prevents Metallia from leaving the swamp? Why do the other witches shun her, and how can she survive in a swamp that is notorious for how poisonous its fumes are? Is Metallia really a witch to respect, or is she one to fear?
- + Dark fantasy melee: Equip up to five different weapons at a time to build diverse, guard-breaking combos!
- + Be thee dexterous?: Use the Mystical Dodge feature to slow down time by avoiding an enemy’s attack at the last moment!
- + Enemy chowdown: Remain in Metallia’s service longer by consuming your foes when your Gigcals are low!
- + Magical metamorphosis: Switch between different “facets” to best clobber your enemies and explore this dark fantasy world.
- + Sinister is the name of the game: Enjoy the tale of one girl’s vengeance against the entire world—and “mercy” is not in her vocabulary!
- + Dual Audio galore: Players have the ability to switch between and enjoy both the English and Japanese audio tracks.