Recently we reviewed the SteelSeries Siberia v2 Heat Orange headset, which ended up being one of the most comfortable headsets I have used in a long time. To follow up the excellent Siberia, SteelSeries has announced its successor, the Siberia Elite.
The Elite is making its debut now at Gamescom and also later this month at PAX Prime. it will feature a new version of the SteelSeries Engine along with touch 7.1 Virutal Surround Sound by Dolby Pro Logic IIx, the signature retractable mic, and touch controls on the side of the earcup.
– Dolby Headphone converts multichannel sound from movies and games and delivers up to 7.1-channel surround sound in your headset
– Dolby Prologic IIx provides upgrades your audio into a surround sound experience; this technology converts a simple stereo signal into a rich, surround sound experience as well as converts a true 5.1 signal into a full 7.1 surround
– The Sound Share port on the right earcup enables another player or viewer listen in.
– A flat, rubber cord that remains tangle-free
– Audio settings that allow you to create unlimited game-specific audio profiles, equalizer presets for different gaming genres, entertainment and more as well as 10-band equalizer settings
– Microphone settings that allow users to choose:
*Active Noise-Cancelling microphone – picking up only the users voice and not what is happening around them
*Auto Mic Compression – which automatically reduce the volume of your voice when it’s too loud and increase the volume when it’s too quiet
*Mic Feedback – takes your voice and feeds it through the speakers in your headset (off, low, medium, high) and the ability to visually preview mic levels and settings
– Illumination settings that include choosing from 16.8 million colors and its pulsation from steady On/Off, breathing effects (Slow, Medium, Fast), trigger mode which pulsates to the sounds in the game as well as ColorShift which continuously radiates and rolls through a series of preset colors
The Siberia Elite will be available for pre-order starting in September 2013 for $199.99. For more details, please visit SteelSeries’ website.