NBC has just announced their plans for the upcoming Comic-Con International gathering in San Diego running from July 18-21. NBC confirmed with us earlier today that “The Blacklist,” “Hannibal,” “Grimm,” “Revolution” and “Community” will headline at Comic-Con, along with NBC talent from “Saturday Night Live,” “Late Night with Seth Meyers” and “Ironside” also participating on various panels.
Featured during the “Grimm” panel will be a special trailer of the new Friday night series “Dracula,” starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
Panel schedules Confirmed by NBC:
“The Blacklist” (Sony Pictures Television) Day: Thursday, July 18
- Who: James Spader, Megan Boone, Diego Klattenhoff and executive producers Jon Bokenkamp, John Eisendrath and John Fox.
- For decades, ex-government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader) has been one of the FBI’s Most Wanted fugitives. Now, he’s mysteriously surrendered to the FBI with an explosive offer: He will help catch a long-thought-dead terrorist under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone), an FBI profiler fresh out of Quantico. Liz soon discovers that Red has compiled a secret list of criminals over the years: a “blacklist” of politicians, mobsters, spies, and international terrorists. He will help catch them all … with the caveat that Liz continues to work as his partner.
“Hannibal” (Gaumont International Television) Day: Thursday, July 18
- Who: Hugh Dancy, executive producer Bryan Fuller, executive producer/director David Slade and executive producer Martha De Laurentiis
- “Hannibal,” which is based on the characters created by author Thomas Harris in his novel “Red Dragon,” was one of the best-reviewed series of the past season and was recently renewed for season two. Hugh Dancy plays criminal profiler Will Graham while Mads Mikkelsen plays psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
“Grimm” (Universal Television) Day: Saturday, July 20
- Who: David Giuntoli, Silas Weir Mitchell, Russell Hornsby, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz, Bitsie Tulloch, Bree Turner, Claire Coffee, and executive producers Todd Milliner, David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf and Norberto Barba
- “Grimm,” a drama series inspired by the classic Grimm Brother’s Fairy Tales, follows Portland homicide detective Nick Burkhardt (Giuntoli) as he tries to find the balance between normal life and his birthright as a Grimm, an elite line of criminal profilers who have the ability to see the monsters that lurk below a seemingly human surface.
“Revolution” (Warner Bros. Television) Day: Saturday, July 20
- Who: Executive producer Eric Kripke and others to be determined
- In its first season, “Revolution” examined why the Earth’s power was turned off and asked how the world’s citizens are expected to survive. In the season finale, the power is turned back on, but at what cost and consequence? The second season begins in the fall.
“Community” (Sony Pictures Television) Day: Sunday, July 21
- Who: Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong and executive producers Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna
- “Community” is back at Comic-Con and ready to celebrate with the show’s devoted fandom. Come be a part of the study group for a panel and Q&A moderated by Chris Hardwick (“The Nerdist”) and find out firsthand what surprises are in store for the series when it returns to NBC for its fifth season.
“Ironside” star Blair Underwood will appear on the TV Guide Fan Faves panel on Friday, July 19.
- “Saturday Night Live” veteran Seth Meyers and “Late Night with Seth Meyers” producer Michael Shoemaker will appear at the Hulu panel on Sunday, July 21.
Additional panelists are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.