At the Samsung press-event this morning one device really made an impact on the crowd, the Samsung Galaxy NX Camera. Samsung introduced the camera today, calling it “the first 3G/4G LTE Connected Compact System Camera (CSC)”.
“The GALAXY NX reflects the unique needs of a user who needs to take professional photos and share them immediately in any situation. For those who want to express themselves and the exciting moments that make up their lives quickly, easily and on the go, the GALAXY NX is an ideal choice” said Myoung Sup Han, Senior Vice President and Head of the Digital Imaging Business, Samsung Electronics.
The camera offers a wide-range of features and it’s clear to see why Samsung waited for an event of this size to unveil the new device. The 3G/4G LTE technology allows photographers to stay “constantly connected with their world,” stated Samsung. The company added, “The GALAXY NX embraces the era of visual communication to provide an outlet for passionate photographers to express their exciting experiences immediately, in spectacular quality”.
Also available with the GALAXY NX are a wide-array of interchangeable lenses. The 20.3MP APS-C Sensor produces “images which are bright and detailed, even in low light conditions”, while the DRIMe IV Image Signal Processer “delivers the speed and accuracy which today’s photographers demand” Samsung described after the event. The camera has an Advanced Hybrid Auto Focus (AF) System ensures accurate phase and contrast detection for crisp, vibrant shots, while the 1/6000 sec shutter speed and 8.6fps shooting lets you capture the action as it’s happening.
The GALAXY NX’s selection of Interchangeable Lenses “places creative control firmly in the hands of the photographer, opening up a world of imaging possibilities, whatever the scenario”. From compact pancake lenses and an ultra-wide fisheye to exquisite longer prime and zoom lenses, the extensive range of lenses help change users perspective on their world to create images which are truly special and help them to tell their story in a new way. True 3D Creator also brings an added element of realism to the GALAXY NX results, allowing users to shoot images and movies in 3D with Samsung’s 45mm 2D/3D lens.
Samsung GALAXY NX Product Specifications:
- Image Sensor: 20.3 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS
- IS: (Lens Shift – depends on Lens type)
- Display: 121.2mm (4.8inch) HD TFT LCD SVGA EVF
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600
- Network: 4G LTE, 4G (LTE Cat3 100/50Mbps) : 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600 (Dependent on Market), 3G, 3G (HSPA＋42Mbps) : 850/900/1900/2100
- AP: 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
- OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Image: JPEG (3:2): 20.0M (5472×3648), 10.1M (3888×2592), 5.9M (2976×1984), 2.0M (1728×1152), JPEG (16:9): 16.9M (5472×3080), 7.8M (3712×2088), 4.9M (2944×1656), 2.1M (1920×1080), JPEG (1:1): 13.3M (3648×3648), 7.0M (2640×2640), 4.0M (2000×2000), 1.1M (1024×1024)
- RAW: 20.0M (5472 x 3648) ＊ 3D Image: JPEG, JPEG (16:9): 4.1M (2688×1512), 2.1M (1920×1080)
- Video: Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, WMV7/8, MP43, VP8, Format: MP4/3GP, AVI, WMV/ASF, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Size: 1920×1080/25fps, 1920×810/24fps, 1280×720/50fps, 1280×720/25fps, 40×480/50fps, 640×480/25fps, 320×240/25fps for Sharing
- Audio, Codec: MP3, AAC LC/AAC＋/eAAC＋, WMA, FLAC, Vorbis, AMR-NB/WB, Format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Battery:4,360 mAh
- Built-in Pop-up flash
- Samsung Link, Samsung ChatON
- S Voice, S Translator
- Group Play: Share Music(MP3), Share Picture(JPEG, GIF), Share Document(PDF, PPT), Play Games
- Trip Advisor, Photo Suggest
- Google Mobile Services
- Chrome, Downloads, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Search,
- Google Settings, GooglePlus, Google Local, Google Play Store,
- Google Messenger, Google Navigation,Youtube, Google Talk,
- Voice Search, Google Play Movie & TV, Google Play books,
- Google Play Music, Google Play Magazine.:
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n 2.4GHz, 5GHz. Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE), GPS, GLONASS (Support A-GPS)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, RGB Light
- Memory: 16GB Internal memory ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB), 2.0GB RAM
- Samsung Kies (Windows & Mac), Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Dimension (WxHxD): 136.5 x 101.2 x 25.7 (37.65) mm, 410g(without battery) / 495(with standard battery)