D-Link Gaming Router with Qualcomm StreamBoost available for Pre-Order
Earlier today D-Link confirmed that the D-Link Gaming Router with Qualcomm StreamBoost technology (model DGL-5500) is now available for pre-order.
The new D-Link Gaming Router offers AC1300 wireless speeds with “unique traffic shaping and bandwidth management” coupled with four gigabit Ethernet ports “to deliver the ultimate in gaming performance, media streaming and network control.” This according to the popular manufacturer who made the announcement earlier today. The Gaming Router is now available to customers in the U.S. for pre-order through New Egg (below) and will begin shipping Aug. 1.
“The Gaming Router represents the ultimate in high-performance connectivity to give power users the ability and control they need to do what they love online without the concern or interruption of buffering and lag,” said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Today’s action role-playing games and MMOs are more competitive than ever and with limited bandwidth coming into the home, gamers need to ensure they’re making the most of their connectivity to maintain an advantage. With Qualcomm StreamBoost technology, the new Gaming Router is designed to do just that – shape the network traffic to help gamers do more and lag less.”
“Whether streaming video on a tablet, downloading content from iTunes or playing the latest online first person shooter, today’s connected home requires smarter management of the Internet traffic,” said Michael Cubbage, director of business development for Qualcomm Atheros’ Wireless and Wired Infrastructure Networking Business Unit. “With D-Link’s new router, users are able to enjoy multiple Internet applications across a variety of devices without issues such as lagging or frozen video. StreamBoost is designed to bring intelligent, fast and easy-to-use networking to the connected home and, as featured in D-Link’s Gaming Router, the best possible experience for every user on the home network.”
More about the Gaming Router (DGL-5500)
- · AC 1300 wireless performance of up to 1300Mbps (867AC+450N), based on Qualcomm VIVE™ 802.11ac technology, designed for greater throughput range for all high demand wireless devices
- · StreamBoost engine intelligently allocates bandwidth for lag-free gaming, HD video streaming, and clear VoIP calls –prioritizes apps and games like Netflix, YouTube, StarCraft® II, BitTorrent®, VUDU® and Pandora, as well as network devices with an easy-to-use user interface
- · Out-of-box traffic shaping dynamically manages bandwidth with a sophisticated engine that is app and device aware to provide the best user experience to all connected devices
- · Cloud-based application profiling ensures the Gaming Router is constantly up-to-date as new apps and games are released for optimized performance
- · 4 Gigabit LAN Ports offer blazing fast wired speeds for demanding applications
- · WPS Push Button offers simple, secure setup
Availability and Pricing
Serious gamers can visit newegg.com or the D-Link Shop to pre-order a Gaming Router (DGL-5500). The router will ship for $199.99 on August 1.
more info: newegg