Last night the panel of judges chose Miss Connecticut USA, Erin Brady, as Miss USA 2013. Giuliana Rancic, “E! News” co-anchor, and Nick Jonas, Grammy-nominated American singer-songwriter, hosted the 62nd Annual MISS USA Competition from Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Erin Brady is a 25 year-old from East Hampton, Connecticut and is a Financial Accountant for Prudential Retirement in Hartford, Conn. She graduated from Central Connecticut University with a degree in Finance and a minor in Criminal Justice.
The judging panel for the 2013 MISS USA Competition included: Bob Harper, Health and Fitness Expert, Author and Star on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser;” Betsey Johnson, Legendary Fashion Designer and Star of Style Network’s “XOX Betsey Johnson;” NeNe Leakes, Actress “Glee,” Bravo star of “Real Housewives Atlanta” and “I Dream of NeNe;” Wendie Malick, Actress, Star of TV Land’s “Hot in Cleveland;” Jessica Robertson, Reality TV Personality on A&E’s “Duck Dynasty;” Larry Fitzgerald, MVP Wide Receiver for the Arizona Cardinals, Seven-time Pro Bowl Selection; Nikki Bella, Former WWE Diva Champion and TV Personality on E!’s “Total Divas;” Mo Rocca, Correspondent, “Sunday Morning” with Charles Osgood, Host of Cooking Channel’s “My Grandmother’s Ravioli;” and Christina Milian, American Actress, Singer-songwriter, Social Media Correspondent on NBC’s “The Voice.”
During the telecast, mega-popular pop-rock band The Jonas Brothers and “DJ Pauly D” DelVecchio, one of the world’s most sought after DJs, performed. Jeannie Mai, best known as the host of Style Network’s two-time Emmy Award-nominated makeover series “How Do I Look?” and who can be seen this summer on Style Network’s new series “Style Pop” took viewers behind-the-scenes to engage with contestants, talent and fans throughout the telecast. This year, fans were able to vote their favorite contestant into the top six, using Twitter, during the MISS USA Competition and chose Miss Texas USA, Ali Nugent.
Throughout the two-hour event and before an estimated worldwide viewing audience of more than 250 million, contestants competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. When last year’s Miss USA, Olivia Culpo went on to win the Miss Universe crown, Nana Meriwether’s dreams came true when she took over the Miss USA title. Meriwether crowned her successor at the conclusion of the telecast.
- First Runner Up: Miss Alabama USA, Mary Margaret McCord, will assume the duties of Miss USA 2013 if the titleholder is named Miss Universe 2013 or if for some reason Miss USA cannot fulfill her duties.
- Second Runner Up: Miss Illinois USA, Stacie Juris
- Rest of Top Six: Miss Utah USA, Marissa Powell
- Miss Texas USA, Ali Nugent
- Miss South Carolina USA, Megan Pinckney
- Rest of Top Ten: Miss Ohio USA, Kristin Smith
- Miss Louisiana USA, Kristen Girault
- Miss North Carolina USA, Ashley Love-Mills
- Miss Nevada USA, Chelsea Caswell
- Rest of Top Fifteen: Miss Pennsylvania USA, Jessica Billings
- Miss Massachusetts USA, Sarah Kid
- Miss California USA, Mabelynn Capeluj
- Miss West Virginia USA, Chelsea Welch
- Miss Maryland USA, Kasey Staniszewski
MISS PHOTOGENIC USA: Award: Miss Utah USA, Marissa Powell. A blue ribbon panel selected the delegate who exemplifies beauty through the lens of a camera. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize.
MISS CONGENIALITY USA: Award: Miss Oregon USA, Gabrielle Neilan. The award reflects the respect and admiration of the contestant’s peers, who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize.