Guild Wars 2 celebrates the Dragon Bash Festival in June
In June the developers of the popular MMO ‘Guild Wars 2’ will be celebrating the ‘Dragon Bash Festival’ and they of course would love for you to join. Here are the rewards, schedule and details for the event.
The official Guild Wars 2: Dragon Bash festival will begin on Tuesday 11th June. The developers released a statement on the event stating, “To honour another year of survival in the shadow of the Elder Dragons, the defiant citizens of Lion’s Arch have banded together for a boisterous festival full of fun activities, exclusive rewards and explosive surprises. During the celebration, players will be introduced to Marjory Delaqua, an investigator who travels in the shadowy underworld of Lion’s Arch”.
The Dragon Bash festival is packed with new content and features:
- Holographic Dragon Wings: Dedicated festival goers can earn two sets of exclusive dragon wings by participating in Dragon Bash activities.
- Exclusive Weapon Skins: Those who take part can earn the exclusive Dragon’s Jade weapon skins — only available during Dragon Bash.
- Dragon Ball: The ancient Tyrian pastime of Dragon Ball returns. Teams of players test their skills against one another in this fast-paced game of reflexes.
- Moa Racing: Farshore Ward in Lion’s Arch is the site of the fast and furious Moa Races, where anything can happen.
- Dragon Effigies and Piñatas: Combustible dragon effigies have been hidden everywhere. Perform a ritual dance to light them and receive a temporary boost. Keep an eye open for dragon piñatas strung up in honour of the festival – then break them open to receive tasty Dragon Bash candy.
- Unique Festival Helm: Watch the skies above Lion’s Arch come alive with an explosive fireworks show every two hours from Friday 14th June at 17:00 BST to Monday 17th June at 17:00 BST. Stay through the finale and receive a unique festival helm – The Horns of the Dragon.
- Lighting Ceremony: Tuesday 18th June, gather on the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch and join the jovial Magnus the Bloody Handed as he presides over an evening of merriment and cheer over the lighting of the dragon effigies.