AT&T and LG announced the “LG Optimus G Pro”, which will be available exclusively from AT&T, for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement beginning May 10.
The Optimus G Pro will be available for pre-order beginning May 3, 2013. AT&T also stated that while supplies last, anyone who pre-orders will receive a free Quick Cover black folio case. The LG Optimus G Pro runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.7GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM, and a 5.5-inch, 1920 X 1080 Full HD IPS display (400ppi). There is also a 13 MP Full HD rear-facing camera and 2.1 MP Full HD front-facing camera and features unique Dual Recording. This allows simultaneous recording with both cameras. The LG Optimus G Pro runs on AT&T 4G LTE.
“From engagements to weddings, to newborns to family gatherings and work to vacation, active and involved people require robust mobile technology designed specifically to support and enrich their lives,” said James Fishler , senior vice president, marketing, LG Electronics USA. “LG Optimus G Pro is the ultimate device for creating, viewing and sharing media content, whether it be HD video in full 1080p or high-resolution photos. This device offers a vast collection of features and capabilities for those who want and need the best multitasking functionality.”
“The LG Optimus G Pro gives AT&T customers the ability to create and share rich content easily,” said Jeff Bradley , senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “There’s no better place to experience that content than exclusively on our 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest.”
QuickRemote is a universal remote application that utilizes the built-in Infrared (IR) sensor, turns the device into a Universal Remote Control for use with compatible TVs, Blu-Ray players, cable provider set-top boxes and more. The LG Optimus G Pro also features VuTalk, which allows users to draw and share fun and productive notes in real time between compatible devices. Using QSlide 2.0, users can also overlay up to two application windows on an existing open application, adjusting size and transparency as needed, for advanced yet convenient multitasking. QuickMemo lets users take screenshots and add personalized notes, drawings and messages, then share them via social media, text or email.
- – Powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor with 2 GB RAM
- – Expansive 5.5″ 1080p Full HD IPS Screen (400 ppi resolution)
- – Long-Lasting 3,140 mAh Battery
- – Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- – Advanced 13 MP Full HD Camera with Dual Recording
- – 2.1 MP Full HD Front-Facing Camera for Dual Recording and Video Conferencing
- – Visually and Audibly Collaborate in Real Time with VuTalk
- – QSlide 2.0 for Advanced and Convenient Multitasking
- – Audio Zoom to enhance audio quality during video capture by focusing audio mics on the video target
- – QuickRemote for Universal Remote Control
- – Pocketable Ergonomic Design with Narrow Bezel
- – Internal Storage: 32 GB on-board, support for up to 64 GB of expandable memory for a total of 96 GB
- – Bluetooth® Version 4.0
Pricing and Availability
LG Optimus G Pro will be available for preorder online May 3, 2013 and in AT&T retail stores May 10 for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement. Beginning today, customers who trade in their recent model smartphone to AT&T may be eligible to receive at least $100 credit** toward the purchase of a new smartphone, including the LG Optimus G Pro. This brings the cost of the device down to $99.99 with a two-year commitment.
more info: at&t