Sony Computer Entertainment America maintained a strong focus on how the company will work with future indie-gamers in regards to the PS4 system. The press-event for Sony at the Game Developers Conference 2013 was a roadmap for indie-developers to work with Sony’s future platforms.
Sony made a few announcements at the Game Developers Conference this year, where the company introduced several “one-of-a-kind titles from its growing independent developer portfolio”. These games stretch across all PlayStation platforms, including the PS4.
Not only did Sony talk about publishing indie-titles on PSN, there is a “self-publishing process, a low barrier to entry, an accessible SDK and various funding opportunities such as the PlayStation Pub Fund” that Sony discussed. Sony stated that the “SCEA will continue to offer the best platform for independently published console games across the game industry.”
“We’ve got an incredible team on the ground that talks to developers every day, and these new games we’re announcing are a direct result of the team’s proactive outreach and focus on working with top independent developers,” said Adam Boyes , vice president, publisher and developer relations, SCEA. “Our process and approach in working with developers has evolved to incorporate a lot of flexibility into the process, including the way we pursue and discover new talent, help them with funding solutions and work together to deliver their best games onto PlayStation platforms.”
Other titles announced today for the PS4 include Zombie Studios’ Blacklight: Retribution and Primal Carnage: Genesis from Lukewarm Media. These games will launch alongside Jonathan Blow ‘s puzzle0title ‘The Witness’, which was shown at the PS4 press-announcement. At the event Sony also stated, “in addition to supporting Blacklight: Retribution, the PlayStation Pub Fund, which provides back-end financial and marketing support to developers, adds fighting game Divekick and infographic adventure Metrico, which is a PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) exclusive”.
- Blacklight: Retribution – PS4
- Primal Carnage: Genesis – PS4
- Rain – PS3
- Divekick – PS3 and PS Vita
- Spelunky – PS3 and PS Vita
- Velocity Ultra – PS Vita
- Limbo – PS Vita
- Metrico – PS Vita
- Sportsfriends (including Johann Sebastian Joust, BaraBariBall, Hokra and Super Pole Riders) – PS3
- Ibb & Obb – PS3
- Guacamelee! – PS3 and PS Vita
- Hotline Miami – PS3 and PS Vita
- Dragon Fantasy Book II – PS3 and PS Vita
- Thomas Was Alone – PS3 and PS Vita
- Luftrausers – PS3 and PS Vita
- Friend Network App – PS Vita
- A Virus Named Tom – PlayStation Mobile
- Beatdown in Treachery City – PlayStation Mobile
- Crumble – PlayStation Mobile
- Crystallon – PlayStation Mobile
- Don’t Wake the Bear – PlayStation Mobile
- Hermit Crab in Space! – PlayStation Mobile
- Oh, Deer! – PlayStation Mobile
- Rymndkapsel – PlayStation Mobile
- Ten By Eight – PlayStation Mobile
You can catch videos, screens and quotes from Sony by visiting their GDC hub on the Playstation Blog.
more info: playstation