As technology gets smaller and more powerful, it’s aesthetic design has the ability to be more and more pleasing. Since our speakers and sound-systems are becoming wireless, smaller, and simpler; we are always on the lookout for new designs to share with readers.
The latest sound-system to standout came from Wren Sound Systems, an incredibly light and powerful wireless solution that works with a wide-array of personal devices. One of the finer points of the device, and one of the really nice touches that caught our attention, were the natural bamboo or rosewood veneers. They are made from over a half-inch thick MDF board, while the cabinet is internally braced, “to provide a rigid enclosure free from coloration,” according to the developers. Underneath you will find a 4mm low-durometer silicone pad that is meant to stabilize the chassis and “absorb cabinet vibration”.
Though on the outside you get an incredibly designed system, that’s easy to install, works with all major operating systems, and is easily affordable for its class.
“Wren Sound Systems is dedicated to creating wireless speakers that are easily accessible and adaptable in today’s world of streaming digital content,” says Wren Sound Systems President and CEO Mike Giffin. “As the second company to offer consumers a wireless Play-Fi speaker, we’re excited to give Android users the ability to connect up to eight different devices to one network and fill every room in their homes with involving, life-like sound.”
Benefits of the Wren V5PF as described by the developers:
- DTS Play-Fi technology: Play-Fi transforms any Android smartphone or tablet (V 2.2 and higher) into a flexible wireless audio device featuring Pandora, vTuner internet radio, and a music player that can stream lossless audio files stored on the device or on a local computer or hard drive equipped with a DLNA server.
- Uncompromised sound: Play-Fi wirelessly transmits high-definition “lossless” audio, with no impact on sound quality.
- Acoustically optimized construction: Wren V5’s elegant use of design and materials maximizes audio quality. Finished with a real bamboo or rosewood cabinet, the cabinet along with an acoustically transparent grille is specially designed to eliminate cabinet sound distortion. A stabilizing pad on the speaker’s underside absorbs any vibration, even at the highest volumes.
- Multi-room listening & streaming experience: Connect as many as eight different Wren speakers to one network and enjoy music and audio in every room of your home or office, perfectly synchronized with no lag, or stream different songs to different rooms via separate mobile devices.
- Wren Play-Fi mobile app: The Wren Play-Fi App, available for free from the Google Play store or the Amazon App store, turns any connected Android device into an audio control center with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- Powerful sound output: Despite its small footprint, the V5PF produces impressively realistic bass with the use of two custom-designed 3-inch long throw drivers with four layer voice coils. High frequencies are rendered silky and natural by a pair of edge-driven, wide dispersion 19mm soft dome tweeters optimally positioned on the front baffle to create a wide, realistic soundstage that floats high and free above the stereo box. The system is powered by Intersil’s classic D2 50-watt DSP-controlled class D amplifier, enabling room-filling sound without breakup or distortion.
- Connectivity range: Play-Fi-enabled mobile devices connect wirelessly to the Wren V5PF through a standard wireless home network, enabling connectivity anywhere within up to 150 feet from Wi-Fi router or access point. Each speaker also has direct connections on the back to hook up your alternate non-Android device (such as your TV or Blu-ray player) via a 3.5mm aux input, enabling the speaker to serve as a complete source of audio for any room.
- Easy Installation: The setup guide included with every Wren V5PF facilitates the automated speaker discovery and effortless connection with simple on-screen instructions.
As for pricing and purchasing the Wren V5PF is sold exclusively on their website (link below) and has an MSRP of $399. That’s about a third of the price of other brands that don’t offer the same connectivity. Another reason why we were happy to write about our find, was that Wren speakers are backed by “a no-risk guarantee and ships with a prepaid return shipping label; if the buyer isn’t completely satisfied, he or she can return the sound system within 30 days for a full refund.” That’s something we know our readers will love. If you register your Wren V5PF, then it is covered by a three-year warranty.
more info: wren
Not to be outfoxed, Amazon starts Black Friday Deals Store with Gift Guides
Celebrate the new FAA rules with an Amazon Kindle Fire sale
You may also like
According to the product manufacture "Studies show that nearly half of Americans don’t drink enough water.
Kid-friendly educational apps such as Team Umizoomi Math, Super Why!, Stack the States, Curious George at the
Google is always on the forefront of innovation, and the company's latest project is both simple and remarkable. Google has unveiled 'Project Loon,' a program that launches gigantic 'internet-balloons' in order to bring the Internet to remote regions of the world where it is needed.