J.J. Abrams talks Star Wars Episode VII, production planned for early 2014 John Stewart June 8, 2013 Film One of the most eagerly awaited moments at the ‘Produced By Conference’ this year, was word from J.J. Abrams on his upcoming Star Wars projects. According to Abrams production on the next installment of the Star Wars franchise will begin as early as first-quarter 2014. The producer and his family have already started planning on their physical departure from the United States, the producer talked about the move to London, where he and his family will be living for the beginning of production. [quote_center]“We are, most likely, if all goes as planned, going to be moving to London at the end of the year for the ‘Star Wars’ movie,” Abrams told the crowd.[/quote_center] It was already confirmed last year that Disney is planning on a 2015 release date for the first Star Wars film, with other titles being released up until 2019, possibly later. These comments on Star Wars were part of a joint conference with Abrams and Reginald Hudlin (Django Unchained). Abrams spoke briefly about Star Wars but stated, “It is so massive and so important to people,” he said. “I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before.” Later on during his discussion about filming, and producing in general Abrams stated,”The most important thing for me is getting the chills,” he continued with, “The feeling of ‘that’s the thing.” Millions of moviegoers the world over can’t wait to see that “thing” when Star Wars Episode VII hits theaters. Though this time they will be more skeptical of films after the previous prequels failed to unite fan’s praise.